DO not file your natural nail at any point!
- Saturate cotton pads with 100% pure acetone*.
- Place the pad on your nail plate and completely wrap the finger with foil, ensuring a snug fit.
- Wait 8 minutes.
- Remove the wrap by massaging, applying light pressure and pulling at the same time.
- If the Shellac is not completely removed, gently slide off any remaining product with an orangewood stick, in the direction of the nail plate growth. Be careful not to scrape away the surface layers of the natural nail plate.
- If excessive amount of product is still on the nail, start again from step 1.
- Rub the nail with a lint free pad saturated with 100% acetone to remove any residue.
*Note that the acetone sold in drugstores/ supermarkets is not as strong as the professional one I use and the removal process might be more difficult for you.
Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails.