Please use Solar Oil at least twice a day (especially at night before going to bed).
I recommend Solar Oil which is made to be used with all nail Coatings. Also beneficial is the use of any CND hand and body lotion daily. Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturized and flexible.
- There are a few things that you need to consider if you want to keep your Shellac on until your next appointment.
- CND Shellac is not indestructible and should be treated as if you are wearing nail polish. You should protect your nails while doing tough jobs like household cleaning, gardening, hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products without wearing gloves. Constant contact with water, eg if you are a hairdresser, may affect the adhesion and cause chipping and peeling.
- If you are on holiday please be careful when using sun tan oils or insect repellent solutions as many of these products contain solvent oils which will cause major damage to the CND Shellac colour coat.
- Some of the more delicate Shellac colours can fade somewhat if one is in chlorinated water followed by excessive sun (remember that chlorine is a bleach and sun intensifies the bleaching action). Dry your hands and nails after swimming (rinse with fresh water if possible) and before sunbathing to minimize any colour fading.
- Discoloration/ Yellowing/ Stained looking nail coat can happen when doing simple tasks such as putting on foundation, rubbing your hands in your jeans, eating highly pigmented foods with your fingers etc.